Animal rabies vaccinations continue in Marshall County locations as follows:
- 6-7 p.m. today at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Moundsville
- 6-7 p.m. Friday at the McMechen City Park
- 6-7 p.m. June 2 at the Limestone Volunteer Fire Department
- 6-7 p.m. June 3 at the Boat Ramp near the intersection of W.Va. 2 and Fish Creek
- 6-7 p.m. June 4 at the former Cameron High School
- 2-3 p.m. June 7 at Ohio Valley Animal Care, 901 Lockwood Ave., Moundsville
State law mandates that all dogs and cats must be vaccinated by the age of 6 months against rabies.
Also, Marshall County deputy assessors will be present at each site to collect taxes on all dogs not already taxed, while the Marshall County Animal Control Officers will be present to pick up unwanted animals or strays.
All cats must be in carriers and dogs on leashes. Owners will be responsible to clean up after their pets.
Rabies vaccinations also will be available during the remainder of the month at participating Marshall County Veterinary offices by appointment only.
Glen Dale Animal Hospital, 1700 Wheeling Ave., Glen Dale, phone 304-845-5454 or Ohio Valley Animal Care, phone 304-845-7007.
The telephone number for Marshall County Animal Control is 304-843-1640.