My response to a letter to the editor which appeared in the Sunday News-Register, March 9, 2014:
1) Negative news: Just where should we put the blame? Congress has and continues to flatly refuse to work with this president. Mitch McConnell set the pace on the first inaugural evening when he said, "Our goal is to make him a one-term president." Didn't work!! He should have been more concerned about doing what was good for the country! They continue to work against him.
2) Racist: The only racists I know are all those white guys who simply cannot accept the reality of that black boy being the president of these United States of America - not once, but twice! Get with it!!
3) Now, referring to your "dictatorial arrogance" of this person, our president, who ended the Iraq war, which was started by G.W. Bush on lies, lies, lies, got Osama bin Laden, is winding down the Afghan war, is in my opinion no dictator. I assume you refer to his use of executive power. I Googled and found that there is a chart on the Internet of all presidents, starting with George Washington, and their use of this executive order. Just looking at G.W. and Obama - G.W. used it 291 times, Obama, as of January 20, 2014, has used it 168 times. Lots of interesting facts on the Internet!
4) Speaking of those terrible liberals! Those are the guys who gave us, all of us, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and every other program that helps the middle class and poor. Name me one such program put forth by Republicans! None of my Republican friends have burned those cards, but carry them proudly. You carry them??? Socialism???
5) Now that awful liberal president wants Congress to raise the minimum wage to help lift folks out of poverty, and to pass the extension of unemployment insurance to help folks while they look for a job. That same liberal president, as you call him, sent the "American Jobs Act" to Congress months ago and Boehner wouldn't even let it come up for a vote, but still has the gall to stand up and say, "Mr. President, where are the jobs?" Who's he kidding?
6) Yes, West Virginia used to be a blue state until the Coal King convinced voters that Obama was against coal, lie, lie, lie. He is for alternative fuels.
I could go on and on, but enough for now!
I do say, in closing, that I agree with the writer on one point, that is about Joe Manchin. I do believe he's a Republican disguised as a Democrat!