The Steubenville Board of Education on Tuesday returned two employees indicted by the special grand jury investigating the Steubenville rape case to their previous positions.
School district officials said Pugliese West Elementary School principal Lynette Gorman and Garfield East Elementary School wrestling and conditioning coach Seth Fluharty will return to work Monday.
They had been placed on administrative leave following their indictment on one misdemeanor count each of failing to report child abuse or neglect on Aug. 13, 2012.
"The two employees have good work records and are presumed innocent until proven guilty ... ," board members said in a released statement. "The board has no information about the evidence leading to these charges, and any questions about the charges or the criminal investigation should be directed to the office of (Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine). Our primary focus is on making sure the school district is able to conduct the business of educating our students."
Calls to interim Superintendent Richard Ranallo were not immediately returned. Ranallo is standing in for Superintendent Mike McVey - also was indicted by the grand jury on felony tampering with evidence and obstructing justice charges as well as misdemeanor counts of making a false statement and obstructing official business - who remains on paid administrative leave.
Also on Tuesday's board agenda was an action to replace William Rhinaman, the now retired former district technology director who indicted by the special grand jury on Oct. 7. Rhinaman was arrested and later entered a not guilty plea to charges, including tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, obstructing official business and perjury.
Ruth Ann Bruzzese, board vice president, said that Bryan D'Aurora was confirmed as new district technology director during the meeting.