By SHELLEY HANSON
Ohio County's department heads are scheduled to make their pitches for the fiscal 2014 budget next week.
File photo by Shelley Hanson
Ohio County’s commissioners, from left, Orphy Klempa, Tim McCormick and Randy Wharton are scheduled to preside over fiscal 2014 budget hearings Tuesday and Wednesday.
Following their regular 6 p.m. Tuesday meeting, Commissioners Orphy Klempa, Tim McCormick and Randy Wharton will hear from the following department heads:
- 6:15 p.m. Sheriff Pat Butler
- 6:45 p.m. Prosecutor Scott Smith
Ohio County fiscal 2014 budget hearings are slated for 6:15 p.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday in Room 215 of the City-County Building, 1500 Chapline St.
- 7 p.m. Circuit Clerk Brenda Miller
- 7:15 p.m. County Clerk Patty Miller
- 7:30 p.m. Airport Manager Tom Tominack
The hearings are scheduled to continue at 6 p.m. Wednesday with the following slated to speak:
- 6 p.m. Emergency Management Agency Director Lou Vargo
- 6:15 p.m. West Virginia University Extension Center Director John Miller
- 6:30 p.m. Lee Day Report Center Director Fred McDonald
- 6:45 p.m. Assessor Kathie Hoffman
During the hearings, department managers typically present a wishlist of items or equipment they say are needed for their departments. They also often request pay increases for their employees. The fiscal 2013 general fund budget was $12,377,265.
The open hearings are held in Room 215 of the City-County Building, 1500 Chapline St., Wheeling.